Pikia Forums

The 2D MMORPG of the future

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-01 15:35:45

Apep

Drop Removal/Level Cap

Drops currently don't seem to disappear, or take a very long time to. It's causing decently bad lag. Leveling also seems to stop at 15. I assume that's just the cap for the moment?

#2 2017-04-01 20:47:40

Grant
Administrator

Re: Drop Removal/Level Cap

Haha wow yea I suppose we need to increase the rate of drop cleanup. Drops are getting cleaned up after 24 hours, but we can drop it down to maybe 6 hours and see how that works. Right now having all those drops make my client go from 60 FPS to around 30 FPS which is a pretty severe drop. We'll be sure to optimize that later.

Also yes the max level right now is 15. Remember this is a very alpha version of Pikia so we will be resetting everyone for the beta release. We didn't want people to train too much, and then get angry with us for resetting. wink

#3 2017-04-02 03:49:25

Apep

Basically what I figured as far as the level cap and eventual reset went.

As for the drops, that's probably fine for the alpha. May still be a bit too much time in the long run though without severe optimization. I'm sure the rate will be a lot lower down the road, but even then, I did that in about 2-3 hours pretty casually. I'd guess with a handful of people on killing things, when there is more things to kill, it wouldn't be too hard to make a much bigger mess of things even at lower drop rates. (Not really sure why anyone would need six hours to be able to pick up their drops either.)

#4 2017-04-02 07:04:32

Hayden
Administrator

Also, soon we will have shop NPCs, so probably the drops would be worth some gold which gives some incentive to pick them up and sell them rather than leave them on the ground.

#5 2017-04-02 07:57:38

Apep

That would also work. A gui to destroy an item could also be useful. I personally wouldn't mind picking up my mess, there's just currently no way to.

Board footer