Pikia Forums

The 2D MMORPG of the future

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-07-17 18:18:54

Trashcan

[Mac] Command key janky

On mac, using the command key results in some bad behavior.

First, in chat, if you just press the command key, it types a 'j'.

Also, if you press cmd+up/down/left/right, your PC starts walking in that direction nonstop. It has lasted anywhere from 10 seconds to a minute or more; after hitting the 1 minute mark I just closed the client. While in this forced movement mode, focusing the chatbox does "pause" your forced movement, but the PC resumes forced march as soon as you unfocus chat again (AKA hit enter and send your message).

From a technical perspective, cmd+ direction key actually seems to be queueing up a huge buffer of keystrokes in the given direction. That would explain why it stops after a time, and why it pauses while chat is active. I first noticed the issue when trying to use the start-of-line/Home shortcut, cmd+left, to put the cursor at the start of the line I was typing. It of course typed a 'j' at the end of my message, then the cursor started migrating left character by character.

This affects both command keys, so it's something about the handling of the key rather than a specific hardware thing.

Running OSX El Capitan

Last edited by Trashcan (2016-07-17 18:23:37)

#2 2016-08-02 01:07:37

Grant
Administrator

Re: [Mac] Command key janky

Update to this issue. This should actually be fixed but I have to recompile a new build to pull the fixes in.

I'll leave this thread open until we can confirm.

#3 2016-12-19 09:48:50

Hayden
Administrator

Re: [Mac] Command key janky

Updating before we forget... We did attempt a fix for this, which I think fixed one of the issues with it typing a  'j'. The other issue where the key gets "stuck" is kind of a problem with how OSX works I'm not sure if there's an easy fix, we will need to look into this more later.

Board footer